Friday, October 09, 2009

Labor Day Weekend in Texas

Well what an adventure we had for Labor Day weekend. I found great airline tickets for me, Colby and Austin to fly to Houston for the 4 day weekend. I had 4 days off from work so I decided why not. We had not seen Pat's family in quite some time so I knew everyone would have great time. Little did I know when I bought the tickets that Pat would still be at Fort Hood, Texas and would also get a 4 day weekend. So he rented a car and drove from Fort Hood to Houston.

I got the three of us all packed to include luggage, double stroller, two car seats, 3 backpacks, the camera case and my purse. Yes, we were quite the sight. I arranged for a shuttle to pick us up at home and drop us at the door. It could not have gone more smoothly and we had plenty of time at the airport. The boys were so good on the plane as well. They both took a nap and had a snack and made a card for Granny and Grampy and I never had to even get out the DVD player. I always have it as a last resort.

Pat made it to Houston in time to pick us up at the airport. The boys were so excited to see him. He was actually able to meet us at the gate to help me.

Pat had a lot of cuddle time with the boys .
Pat playing with the boys in Cindy's backyard.
Austin and his Popsicle.
Pat and Colby napping....it was so sweet.
Colby's first time in a pool. He liked the water but would not get off the step
Yes, Granny got shot with the water!!!

Austin loved the water and always wanted to be out in the pool with someone
Guess he'll be ready for swim lessons next year.
Fun by the pool
My handsome husband, who we miss so much
Everyone better watch out, Colby is filling his gun
We had a great trip and it was nice to relax and just enjoy everyone's company. Pat and I got to have date night, which really meant a lot to us. As the weekend came to a close we bid everyone farewell and Pat drove us to the airport. I now was traveling with two extra pieces of luggage. We said our goodbye to Pat at the gate and it was very emotional as everyone can imagine. I knew that would be the last time I saw him for awhile because he was finally flying out the next week. We boarded the plane and I just tried to keep the boys busy. They once again were so good. They took a nap, had a snack and colored. No need for the DVD player.
My only challenge was trying to get all the luggage, car seats, stroller, kids and backpacks out of luggage claim and over to the shuttle for pick up. Luckily this very nice lady offered to help and I accepted. We took the shuttle home and the boys were in bed by bedtime. It was a nice trip and I thank Pat's family for their hospitality. It was great seeing each of you.

No comments: