Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

My Twin Boys





Wow, some days I still can't believe I am a Mom. For those years that Pat and I tried and tried to have children we came to realize it was meant to be, but in God's time not ours. I look back at our 1st ultra sound photo and now I look at Colby and Austin who are both trying to help me type and I just want to pinch myself to see if it's all true. Ok we'll Colby just pinched me so it must be true. I am amazed every day at what a joy children are. I never knew this kind of love existed and I am so thankful to God that he has given me the opportunity to be a Mom.












There are so many days while I work that I wonder "am I doing the right thing?" Should I be a working mother or a stay at home mom. Will the boys be mad at me if I'm not with them every minute of every day, will they forget who I am if I have to go away. Then I take a minute and remember my Mom. My mom is my hero. She taught me so much that I never realized that she had taught me until I had Colby and Austin.


Oh how I wish she were here to see the boys and to hold and love them like she did with Ann-Marie and me. How proud she would be to say "she is a mother of twins and a grandmother of twins" I wonder how many people in this world could say that.


I have relived this past year over and over again and most of the time it brings tears to my eyes when I realize just how blessed I am.






This weekend, my 1st Mother's day weekend I have come to realize how much I miss my Mom who died 10 years ago this August. Every year I do the Race for the Cure in memory of her and for it to be held yesterday in Salt Lake made for a weekend of memories for me.





As Pat and I pushed the boys for 5K I took time to think about all my Mom did for me and the fight against cancer that she fought with all she had. I thought about all the ballgames and track meets she attended. Staying every day after school so we could practice and still driving 30 minutes home and cooking dinner for us every night. I realize how much of her time she gave to her family and for that I am so thankful. How many of you remember "Hey ref, you're missing a good game!" That should bring a smile to your face. I plan to be that Mom who is always there to support my boys no matter what path they decide to take and I hope I am always there to show them how to love and to be loved and that as long as they live by what God wants them to do they will never go wrong.


My Mom was a strong Christian lady that taught me I could do anything I wanted if I set my mind too it and worked hard. (I'm guessing after I got into flight school she might have wished I wasn't as strong as she was.) She was always there regardless of the situation. She had a strong but loving hand and it is because of her that I am the way I am. I love when Natalie or Sean ask me "how did you learn to do that or who told you that and I can tell them My Mom taught me". I hope I can be half the Mom to Colby and Austin that she was to me and continues to be.


To all the ladies, who may not be Moms..yet,(Lou, Carla, Jen, Abby and Heather) I believe God has a plan for you and I am so grateful part of his plan is to allow you to love my boys as if they were your own. I want to say Happy Mother's Day to you and to thank you for loving and caring for Colby and Austin like you would your own children. You will always have a special place in their heart and mine.





Her love is like an island

In life's ocean, vast and wide

A peaceful, quiet shelter

From the wind, the rain, the tide.

"Tis bound on the north by Hope,

By Patience on the West,

By tender Counsel on the South,

and on the East by Rest.

Above it like a beacon light

Shine Faith, and Truth and Prayer;


And thro' the changing scenes in life

I find a haven there.




Happy Mother's
Day!

No comments: