Wednesday, May 23, 2007

1 Year check up




We were off to see Dr. Cox yesterday for their one year check up and shots. We got a lot of good news. I just couldn't take them on Monday and ruin their birthday so we waited one day.





The first good news we got was that RSV season is closed therefore they did not have to get their RSV synagis. One less shot.




My lil Colby weighed in at 16.9 pounds and is26.7 inches long. He still has not made it onto the growth chart but that's ok too.

As you can see he was very curious about everything in his wagon. He just wanted the paper I think. The boys did help open them and in one hand would be paper and the other the book or toy and every time Austin would look at the paper and say "ooooh".

Austin, our big boy weighed in at 18.3 pounds and is 28.5 inches long. He is still maintaining that two pound difference in weight and two inches in height.


Everything checked out well. Dr. Cox is very happy with their growth, motor development and our progress with early intervention and physical therapy.

We do have physical therapy tomorrow and I believe Miss Lisa is going to be very impressed with the boys. They are doing everything we were supposed to be working on plus more. We were supposed to work on going from the standing position to the sitting position without doing the Nestea plunge, going from the crawling position to sitting and back to crawling. Work on the proper crawling position with Colby instead of the Army lowcrawl. Both boys are doing all of these correctly plus walking around the couch holding on. Colby's big deal now is to let go, clap his hands and then hold on again. I should try to get that on video one day. He is soooo proud of himself when he does it.

Speaking of milk.......Dr. Cox also says we can move onto whole milk if want. Since we are using one can of formula, the expensive one for preemies, every 1 1/2 days I think we'll try the whole milk.





For those of you that saw how much milk I had stored, I used my last bag one week prior to their birthday. I wanted to say so badly that I nursed them for one year but I was one week short. For those that have no idea what I am talking about, we had an entire stand up freezer full of milk and we also had to store milk at Carla's house in her freezer.
This is why our family loves our Nanny, Heather so much. She loves the boys and the boys love her.















No comments: