Monday, July 23, 2012

Race for the cure

Still Racing for you Mom
Every year we do the Race for the Cure in support of breast cancer research and this year was no different.  Even though it was the day of the boys' birthday party this was our priority that morning.  My mom did her first race years ago as a survivor but later lost her battle to cancer.  I am proud to raise my kids to understand the importance of supporting this cause and hope that they will all continue to race in the future. 
 Colby and Austin have done the race every year since they were born and it's amazing how we have grown from the double stroller to them actually doing it on their own. I am so proud of them and I know Grandma is too.
 
 Sean's first year to race with us and I know he'll be doing it every year because he saw the magnitude of it and how important it is to all those wearing pink that day.
 
 
 
Still racing for the awesome woman I call mom.  I miss you Mom but your memory and legacy carries on.

No comments: