Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Promotion to LTC

It seems like it has been a long time coming but finally the day came that the Army selected me as a
Lieutenant Colonel.  It was nice to be able to share this accomplishment with my family.  Pat published the order and Colby and Austin did the pinning. 
I put in a lot of hard work over the past 22 years which I never thought I would do.  My initial plan of 4 years definitely changed over the years.
I sure wish my Mom was still around to see this because she would have been so proud. Even though she and Dad were not thrilled about my career choice initially, I think they came to realize it fit me perfectly and I was good at it.
I am very fortunate that I get to serve beside some amazing Soldiers, specifically my husband and best friend. I admire him and look up to him but more importantly I thank him for always being my biggest fan.

My guys did a great job!
My support group who is always there with open arms and big smiles.
Could not ask for a better partner to serve with.




Ok I may out rank him for now but I could not be where I am today without him!




Thanks to all my family and friends who have supported me over the  years.  There is always a great team behind every good officer and I have the best one ever.

No comments: