Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas 2010

What does Christmas morning bring the O'Leary Family? Lots of excitement, energy and smiles! I guess our family has been exceptionally good this year with all the nice gifts Santa dropped off in Utah for us. The boys went to sleep pretty easy on Christmas Eve night and luckily there was not a lot of assembling to do this year. Pat, Daddy and I stayed up and watched a movie and just enjoyed the peace and quiet before the tornado of excitement hit the next morning. As you can see I have two very happy boys Christmas morning! Well my other two bigger boys were pretty darn happy to but you can't see them so take my word for it.

The funny part of Christmas morning was Pat and I were awake around 6:00am listening for the boys to wake up. They all slept in the same room so we were hoping Sean would be able to keep them upstairs...ok, that didn't happen. Austin came in around 6:30 and we put him in bed with us. He kept begging to play with a tool set from Matthew and Lauren, until Pat finally got up and went downstairs to get it. He sat in our room and played while Pat and I got up to get ready. A few minutes later Sean came in and was talking with Austin as he played quietly. As Pat and I were brushing our teeth we heard Colby yelling from downstairs that Santa came and brought him a camera and he started naming the unwrapped gifts. I quickly went to the stairs and told him to get upstairs with Austin and Sean. When he got upstairs, I told him not to say anything about what he saw because Austin had not seen anything. Colby proceeded to tell me, "well I was just going to tell Austin I saw a camera for him". Once Austin heard that he was ready to go! Pat and I got downstairs with Daddy and had them sit on the stairs until we get the cameras ready. Daddy happened to be downstairs when Colby snuck down and he said Colby walked around looking at everything. What a little stinker! Next year we'll be sure to tell them to come to our room when they wake up or make them sleep in our room so they can't escape.

I love Colby's "Christmas spirit" in this picture. His expression says, "yes, I already peeked!"
The boys were ready to get serious about their Santa sacks and gifts.
I got all the boys nerf guns for gun wars and they even got me one so needless to say, we have had several gun wars in our house.
Sean got each of the boys a Woods Cross sweatshirt to wear to his football games next year.
Pat gave Sean one of our Army flight jackets with patches from Iraq and units we have been in while serving in the military.
I guess I was the best Mom this year since I really got spoiled. Not only did I get an I touch but all the boys got me a chocolate diamond necklace. It's so pretty and different. Colby did ask if he could taste it...hee hee.
Love all of my boys!

We had such a wonderful Christmas and I loved staying at home and just enjoying my family and friends. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who always makes my holidays special and I am a very lucky daughter whose Daddy came to spend time with us this year and enjoy his grandsons. There are so many days I just wish Mom could be here to enjoy them as much as we do. I am very excited for 2011 and to see what wonderful memories we are going to create.

No comments: