Monday, October 18, 2010

First Year of Soccer

One of the best parts about being a mom is seeing my miracle boys grow and learn. It always touches my heart to see them doing something for the first time, when 4 years ago I had no idea if they would be able too. I am not sure who was more excited about Austin and Colby starting soccer this year, me or Pat. Pat took them to buy new cleats and shin guards and I took care of the shorts and jerseys. They were without a doubt the youngest and smallest on their team since most of the kids were 5 and played last year, but they did great. Here is some great team work, Colby is #2 and Austin is #4. They got to pick their own number and I think Austin thought he had to pick #4 because he is four years old.
"hey wait a minute, I have an itch"
Yes, only a mother would do this to her child.
"oh man, it still itches"
Austin not waiting because he is headed for the goal
Both back in action. Both boys scored a goal this year which made them both very happy and Mommy too.
Colby starting off one of the games with his "big kick". He was funny because he would ask, "big kick or little kick?" of course I always said "BIG KICK"
Colby and Austin ready for their first game.
I told them they had to be tougher than that....and here is what I got.
I loved watching them play though Pat kept having to remind me that they are only 4 years old. I just wanted them to at least kick it towards the right goal, which they did the majority of the time. This picture is evidence that Colby was the smallest on the team.
He might be small but he was tough. Must be the Watson blood in him. I know Grandma was looking down proud to see her Grandsons mixing it up with the older kids.
Some nice footwork by both boys. Austin was known to lose his cleat at least once very game and could also be found doing cartwheels during game.
Colby on the other hand like to just run along side of everyone. There were times he would sneak in, get one kick then out for fear of being taken down.
We look forward to next spring and watching to see how they do after playing one season.

No comments: