Saturday, May 29, 2010

My day to feel special....thanks to Colby, Austin, Sean and Lou

After spending a week in Fort Bliss, Texas for a military trip I flew back home just in time to be with my family on Mother's day. The only one missing was Pat who was still in Iraq. I am very lucky to have Lou in my life and part of my family because she packed her suitcase and headed out to Utah to take care of my two 3 year olds for a week. What a great week Colby and Austin had with Lou. Though she might not have done everything the way Mommy does, she taught them there is more than one way to drive to school, brush their teeth and they even learned a new song or two. Colby couldn't wait to show me my welcome home sign.

I am not sure who knew to use a diet coke as a weight for the balloons but it was perfect.
Austin and Colby felt they still needed to add a little more to the sign even after I was home.
What can I say, other than Thank you God for my family and friends. It is because of You that I am one very happy and blessed Mommy.
Getting ready to take Lou to the airport and no one was happy about that, even though we had smiles on our face. We did have a wonderful visit even if it was a short one.
Lou, my "fill-in" Mom. I could not have asked for a better "fill-in" mom after my mom passed away. Lou has been family for years and I am so thankful to have her in my life.
The boys loved the balloons, Mommy loves the diet coke!
The boys got to pick our location for Mother's Day lunch....when I asked the two 3 year olds they both instantly said...."McDonald's". So off we headed to the best Mother's Day lunch with my two lil heroes.
Mommy enjoying her lunch.
Colby and Austin practicing riding a motorcycle. I am not sure why because this Mommy is not going to allow that!
Austin made me a cake.....I love it.I had a great Mother's day and each year I learn to appreciate my own Mom even more. I know realize how much she sacrificed and how much she loved her kids. I only wish she were around to love and spoil her grand kids. Thank you Mom, for teaching me how to be a great Mom. I owe it all to you!




No comments: