Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just a few snapshots


Things are definitely picking up around our house this month. The boys are really doing well at school. When we picked them up yesterday they each had a piece of fabric with snaps and each were learning how to snap and unsnap. They also have pieces of fabric with buttons, strings to tie etc. They were so proud of themselves.



Sean started football practice this week and could not wait to get his pads on for full contact...that was yesterday. He did so well! Pat and I were very impressed with a couple of his hits. In fact after several run thrus the other kids didn't want to go up against Sean. This is nothing like he has played the last two years so we are glad to see him learning that if he hits first or harder it won't hurt him as bad. There are 97 kids in his league and so there will be 5 teams and we are hoping he makes the A Team again this year. I have never seen him so excited to play and of course that gets Pat even more excited. Pat will be one of the coaches because they have to have 5 per team so 25 total and as of the first day of practice they had 5.


I had to take Austin to the doctor today as the school called around 2:30 saying he had been crying, was running a fever and complained about his ear. He just finished one round of medicine about 3 weeks ago but we are back on it again. Colby is still scheduled to get tubes in his ears on the 18th and we may be headed that way with Austin. I asked today how many trips I have to make in a month to get my own parking space...they laughed.








I am still leaving on Saturday morning at 6:00 with my Army Reserve unit for Fort Carson, Colorado. I sure wish I was looking forward to it but I am NOT. I am having a hard time thinking about being away from the boys and Pat for 2 weeks. I thought one night was bad but this may do me in. I will be back on the 15th and believe me I have it marked on my calendar. So in your spare time you might say a little prayer for all of us over the next two weeks.



I have all the faith in Pat but he can't be their Mom and I hate I won't be there though I will say it might be nice to sleep through the night. Austin and I still have a date every night between 1:30-2:00. In fact I woke up last night and thought oh maybe he'll keep sleeping but at 1:56 he started crying. I think some of it last night was he didn't feel well.



As you can see the boys love bath time. It's good thing because they have to have one every day now. I've never seen two little boys so dirty after school. They always leave a layer of sand in the bottom of the tub for me to clean up too. After bath time is relax time and they are very specific about their places and pillows. In fact Colby kicked Natalie off the couch because she had "his" pillow and his place on the couch. The boys tickle me everyday with something new and I just want to put them on pause for the next two weeks. If only we could.


No comments: