Wednesday, July 02, 2008

1st Day of School...we made it!




July 1st was the boys 1st day of school. The great dream I had of how smoothly everything would go soon disappeared when I had to sleep on the floor in the boys' room Monday night because they would not go to sleep. They woke up on and off all night...both of them. We got up on schedule and prepared for our big day. Our schedule was interrupted by a bloody nose for Austin and Colby coughing which led to him throwing up. I re-grouped and got them dressed. They had their favorite breakfast, powdered doughnuts and strawberries. Then off to school we went.

They were a little apprehensive when we got there but soon started playing with some of the other kids and the teachers did a good job entertaining them and just letting them check out the room.

One funny thing though. On Monday we took the boys by the school so they could meet their teacher and the other kids. At one point Austin was over in the play kitchen area and so was another little boy. We saw the teacher go over there and Austin had shut the boy in the play oven and was not letting him out. I'm not sure that was a great first impression.

Back to our first day. The teachers said they did really well. They apparently only cried a little at first but they ate their lunch and took a nap. I only went by once to check on them and it happened to be during nap time so I got to talk to the teacher without them seeing me.

When we picked them up they were playing outside and I can not believe how dirty two little boys could be. We cleaned them up a little at the school then again once we got home and that night Pat gave them a bath and we laughed at how dirty the water was.

They had another good day today but only took a 30 minute nap instead of their normal 2 hr nap so I think they might sleep through the night. I can only hope.

Here are a few pictures of our big boys on their 1st day of school. I can't believe how big they are getting. Austin even sang part of the alphabet song to me today. I've been singing it to them but didn't realize he was actually paying attention to me.

No comments: