Thursday, May 29, 2008

My boys are no longer babies...They are Big boys now!

<
Last Sunday we realized Colby and Austin are no longer babies. We tucked them in bed Sunday night just as we always do and Austin put up a little fuss as usual too. As we sat downstairs we heard a huge thump. We both started running up the stairs to see what it was and Austin was walking towards with his blanket, his buddy and crying. He had fallen out of his crib. I calmed him down and put him back in his crib. He was fine by the way. We went back downstairs and within 5 minutes we heard the thump again. I go running back upstairs and here comes Austin with blanket, buddy and calling Mommy. By this time we were beginning to realize our lives were about to change. I ended up letting him fall asleep downstairs with me so I would know he was not going to crawl/ fall out again. He slept the rest of the night with no issues. Monday morning I heard him start to stir and talk as he usually does in the morning and the next thing I knew he was standing by my bed saying "Mommy seeping?" He had gotten out this time without the thump.
Pat made turning their cribs into toddler beds a priority for that day. The boys were very excited to see their surprise and as you can tell by the pictures they did not hesitate to check them out. Colby is adjusting very well and at night he lays down and does not get up and goes straight to sleep. I have had to sit in the room on the floor so Austin can see me to help him fall asleep. Thank goodness the longest I've had to sit is about 5 minutes.

The problem we are having with Austin is whenever he wakes up during the night, instead of going back to sleep he gets out of bed and calls "Mommy, I want chocolate milk and Wiggles". It doesn't seem to matter if it's 11:30 or 3:30. I've been putting him back in his bed and he'll go back to sleep. Usually when he gets up he goes over to Colby's bed and says 'Tolby get up, Tolby get up". Thank goodness Colby is a pretty sound sleeper and doesn't decide to join the party.


Here are some pictures that Pat took the other morning of the deer in our yard and then they walked across our street.





Here is Austin riding his elephant...poor elephant.

No comments: