Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, Colby and Austin


Where has two years gone? I can't believe my boys are two today. I am truly amazed at how well they have done and continue to do. We had a wonderful party for the boys on Saturday. The theme was one of their favorites, Backyardigans. Here are their cakes. As long as you think it looks like Pablo, then I was successful. They each had their own cake as well. We also had a blow up toy that all the kids loved to include Sean.









Grandpa got them the lil electric 4-wheelers and they are just now figuring them out. All day Saturday they wanted someone else to push the button and walk beside them. Now they are going all over the yard. The next lesson is teaching them to turn. They just go straight until they run into something.

Austin did his first sumersault on Saturday and was so proud of himself.

I took Colby back for an ear check up prior to his hearing test and both ears are infected again. He is back on antibiotics while we wait to see an Ears, Nose, and Throat physician. I have a feeling we are headed for tubes.

We did the annual Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure this month and it was great as usual. The boys each managed to get their first scraped knee at the Race. I also had a very nice Mother's Day with the boys and Pat. The boys took me to brunch and to the Zoo. The funny thing is they gave me a Dirt Devil little vaccuum to clean up the messes they make. Only a mother would appreciate a gift like that.




I guess Austin gets his sport look and run from his Daddy.

Work is going great in our new office and we actually look forward to going to work, which was not the case in the past.

Natalie and Sean are almost done with school. Natalie finished track, she did the high jump. She did qualify for the district track meet but did not place. Next year she'll be ready. Lyndsey participated in the state track meet last weekend and she took 4th in the state as a sophmore. We are very proud of her. Her coaches talk like she might break the school record in the next two years.

For those of you who remember the video from last year that we had made for their 1st year journey. We had one made for this year as well. The link is to the right under the section of links you don't want to miss. I may not ever get their baby book scrapbooks done but I do have a video that is just as good.



Colby and Austin,
I wish you the best birthday ever. I hope you know how much I love you and how you have completed my family. You have made me feel a love I never could have imagined and I thank God every day for allowing me to be your mommy. I remember the night I delivered you and the first time I held you and how scared I was. Now you weight 21 and 24 pounds and I just hope I can keep up with you. I love you and I thank you for the two years of memories you have given me.
Mommy

No comments: