Saturday, October 06, 2012

Trip to the Children's Museum

I was so excited to take the boys to the Children's Museum.  I loved the quote a we walked in and we took the time to discuss our hero, their daddy who is off serving the Army in Kuwait.
 The boys always love top play dress up and it did not surprise me at all that Austin was a police officer first.  He says he really wants to be a police officer when he grows up and he is going to be a tough one.
 Colby on the other hand thinks he already knows how to drive, so he headed to the Firetruck.  Colby recently told me "mom, I know how to drive, so just grab my booster seat and put it in the driver's seat for me."

 Austin was the brave firefighter in the back
 We then moved on to some of my bloodline and gathered in the tee pee.  Austin led the meeting around the fire.

 Not sure if Colby was yawning or making his Indian sounds.

 Teacher Austin was very strict about what we should be doing in class.  Colby and I were his students and he did not let us break his rules.
 Colby decided to try chopsticks and hang out in China. Not sure he would survive in China because he hates Chinese food.

 Ok giddy up and let's head out to the races.  Austin's horse strolled while Colby was ready to race his to the finish line.

 Austin and Colby were not sure about milking the cow.  They thought it was so funny and then got kind of grossed out when I told them, they drink the milk that comes out of the cow's utter.  I just wonder how entertaining it would have been if they it had actually been a real cow.
It was a fun day of exploring and full of imagination and I am so glad we got to spend the day together.

No comments: