Sunday, September 02, 2012

Summer fun with our Magre cousins

It was time for summer and time for the boys to head to Arkansas to spend 4 weeks, yes 4 weeks with my family.  They were very excited and really didn't seem to care that I would not be there. (Tear Tear for mom). I packed their bags and flew them to Fayetteville to turn them over to Aunt Anna, Crazy Uncle Nate (that's what they said, not me), Matthew and Lo.  While I was there for a few days, Lou Lou came up and we all went to the animal park. The funny part was Nate had ALL the kids in his vehicle and Lou and I were in hers and I guarantee we laughed more than they did.

It is amazing that the kangaroos let the boys get so close. The boys have never been around kangaroos of course so they were so curious.
Then we moved on to the lil monkey who was so funny. She kept chewing on Sean's shirt and tickling him.
Then she moved on to me where she proceeded to sit on my shoulder and check my hair for bugs...I don't think she had any luck. So she moved on to Lou Lou and checked her shirt front and back and her pants.  It was so funny but she really like Lou Lou.
Austin found a lil goat that sure like the bread he had. 

Colby had a little friend too but he did not like when they all gathered around him.

No sure what this animal was but he was so soft.
It was a fun day, including a picnic, Matthew not being bitten by the Zebra and a camel trying to get in our window to chat with us.  Good times and lots of laughs were had by all. This was only the beginning of a fun few weeks for the boys. Colby and Austin both took swim lessons and Sean had private basketball lessons.  They had more baseball games and practices than they ever could have imagined.  Colby loved going with Uncle Nate to the mini storage so he could drive the gold cart and of course always get a treat.
 
I truly appreciate Anna and Nate's willingness to take the boys for me and Pat so we can continue to serve our country. Behind every Soldier is an awesome family and I have the best one.  I am one lucky lady. 


No comments: