Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

As I write this post, I just cannot believe my lil guys are not so lil anymore. Where has 5 years gone? Seriously I remember crying over their isolettes wondering if they would be able to go to school one day. I remember the first day of Montessori School and crying in the parking lot being so proud of them and the big first step of letting go. Now as Pat and I dropped them off at their first day of Kindergarten at Layton Christian Academy I shed more tears of happiness and thankfulness. I praise God that my lil guys have done as well as they have after such a rough start in life. They were nervous about their first day and meeting all new teachers and friends.
Colby and Austin are in different classes and even though they do a lot of activities together Pat and I felt it was very important for them to start becoming independent of each other. So far it has been the best decision.

Colby has Mrs. Strope who is new to LCA but not to teaching. This was right when he got to class and to his assigned seat.

Austin has Mr. Panter who has been at LCA for quite a few years and has a hat for everything and every theme you can think of.



Daddy walking them in.....

Mommy knowing I have to let them go....so proud of you Colby and Austin

All dressed and ready to go.

I was so happy to see them smiling and happy.



They each picked out their own backpacks and got matching ones. Wonder if they are just use to it. They have to wear uniforms to school so there is no real choice when it comes to clothes.


Mommy looks forward to wonderful year of firsts for both her boys.

I love you guys.



No comments: