Saturday, August 30, 2008

VICTORY



Sean's first touchdown.....I missed the winning one because I was too busy running along the sideline yelling at him to run!

What a way to start off our football season today. Sean's team is called the Woods Cross Gremlins which consist of 8 and 9 year olds and 10 year olds if you weigh 61lbs or less. Which is why Sean get to play on that team. He was 61 pounds exactly.

Our game started off at 9:00 sharp and ended at 11:30. Yes, you are reading that correctly. Our one hour game went into 4 overtimes. Those boys played their hearts out and it paid off in the long run. Sean scored one touchdown prior to overtime but the exciting part is he scored the winning touchdown in the 4th overtime!!!! I swear I was my mom made all over again yelling. I am now starting to understand the pride and support my parents use to give us and all the sacrifices they made so we could participate in sports. I guess some things you really don't appreciate until you walk in their shoes and Pat and I were beaming from ear to ear today.

We are so excited for him and so proud of the whole team. Sean played the entire game except for 3 plays. I have never seen him this exhausted. He gave it everything he had and wow---what an ending and an beginning to our season.
I am not sure I can handle many more games like that. I love the excitment but it makes me a nervous wreck.

Go Gremlins! #14 Rocks!
PS on a different note....Colby is doing much better and actually went to school for a little bit on Friday.


No comments: