Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A trip down memory lane

Pat and I had the privilege to meet a wonderful couple named Steve and Elaina at the U of U Newborn ICU. We had lunch with them on Monday and I enjoyed every minute of it. They just delivered beautiful twin boys named Samuel and Nicholas about 12 days ago. They were around 29 weeks gestational age and a little over 2 pounds each like Colby.

They are actually in the same room in the same isolette places that we were in with Colby and Austin. Their boys are doing so great. They are tiny as expected but both are on room air and for those that traveled our NBICU journey with us you know that is wonderful news. I really enjoyed talking with them and telling them our good news story. They were amazed that our boys now weigh 21 and 24 pounds and I told them their boys will be home before they know it and will be double trouble.

I ask that you pray for this family that each day will be a good day for the boys and that God will give Steve and Elaina the strength and comfort they will need for each day. Most of you know the journey they are on and how important faith and prayer is. They are strong in their faith and are such good parents to the boys.

I hope to keep in touch with them and visit whenever they let us. I'll keep you updated whenever I hear something. Maybe I can get a photo or two to show you.

Other great family news for us. I got my first real estate listing last week so I am very excited. Pat is doing extremely well and things are picking up after the holidays....thank goodness. I am enjoying my new career and appreciate all the support Pat is giving me to help with this transition.

The boys are doing great and every day is something new with them. Austin is my big talker and is actually working on putting 2-3 words together. His favorite thing right now is "I did it!" Sometimes we ask him what he did and he just repeats himself, "I did it!" so we just ok honey.

Hope you are all staying healthy as I hear flu season is in full swing in some areas.

1 comment:

Matthew, Christy, Caleb, Emma Katherine, and Clayton King said...

I am so glad you left your blog address and all are doing well. The pictures are adorable and it looks like we have much ahead of us to look forward. Bless you guys!