Thursday, November 01, 2007

Arrrgh! Happy Halloween


My two little pirates had one great Halloween. I was so surprised that Colby would wear his costume because every time we tried to just put his hat on he would immediately pull it off. But once he saw Austin all dressed up with his shoes on then he was ready. Austin scares very easily regardless of what his Halloween shirt says. He was so scared by Sean that he kept crying and crying. Thank goodness we did not see any SCARY people or houses or he would have been done for the night. We did have Shrek with our group and Austin didn't like him either. Heather was a huge help as always and was not only out trick or treating with us but was the photographer. Once I get the photos from her I'll put them on our blog.

Sean was also a pirate and a very handsome one I might add. He of course went out with 2-3 boys that live on our street and they brought back a LOT of candy. Colby and Austin actually let people put candy in their buckets. I guess since they had their pirate hats on they didn't feel the need to wear the buckets on their head but first thing this morning Colby had his bucket on his head. That's been the best $.88 I've spent yet.

I was in charge of Sean's school party yesterday for 23 4th graders. Only one mom out of 4 that signed up to help actually showed up. Thank goodness Pat was nice enough to take off work to go and help. They painted pumpkins, made Halloween bracelets and decorated sugar cookies. We played a Halloween memory game and of course what would a Halloween party be without the Mummy game with toilet paper. Sean's team won the mummy game both times. We had a good time but man did they have a lot of energy and I can't imagine all of them last night on a sugar high.

Ok well I wanted to just get a few photos out but I will have a lot more to post later. I hope everyone had a nice Halloween and got lots of candy. I will say now that have moved up to NSL Trick or Treating is not as easy but it's all HILLS. No need for the gym yesterday after all the walking we did.


No comments: