Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Arrrgh...Happy 5th Birthday Austin and Colby

Arrrgh....Happy 5th Birthday Austin and Colby.



Where have 5 years gone? I remember so vividly the day you born and how much you both scared me. I would have to say probably the most scared I have ever been in my life, because I was not ready to have you enter this world 3 months early.
I remember waking up and Daddy being there to tell me everything was going to be ok. He had seen both of you and told me you were both very small and with a tears in his eyes he told me you were beautiful and God was watching over you. I had no idea the journey our family was beginning but I will tell you I could not have done it without your Daddy! He was the strength during all those months in the NBICU. Our family and friends that stepped up to provide more support than I ever could have imagined. I don't think we cooked for three months. Now you are both very smart, handsome energetic young boys and I love every thing about you. I am so blessed that God entrusted me to be your mommy. I am not a perfect Mommy but I promise no matter what you will always have my unconditional love. I have learned that there is nothing in the world like being a mommy and there is definitely nothing like being a mommy to twin boys. Because I love you so much I let you pick the theme for this year's party and a pirate party we had. I am so proud of each of you and love you very much. Yes, Mommy made all 3 cakes!! They are not perfect but they were made with lots of love.Austin weighs 37. He loves to play dress up, usually a soldier, cop or worker. He can write his name, do addition and read. He loves art and games. Some of his favorite quotes are "OMG", "it must have been Colby", " I cannot do that because I am working". Austin is forever making us laugh. He played his first year of soccer and t-ball this year and did extremely well. He is currently a yellow belt in Taekwondo and should test for his orange belt soon. He loves Sean so much and is usually in his hip pocket. He is a very affectionate lil boy who loves to give hugs to everyone to include waitresses, teachers, flight attendants, pilots and pretty much anyone else that will let him. He had his first trip to Virgina and Washington D.C. and even made a trip to Texas. He is outspoken and loves to have a good time, he is the life of the party. Colby weighs 33 pounds. He is still my sweet lil guy. He loves to play on the IPOD and if you leave it around he will sneak it before you realize it. He loves to wrestle and play with swords and guns. He is always where ever we are and doesn't like to be left alone. He was the first to potty train which made Mommy really happy. His favorite candy is "starwars" or as we know them starburst. He can write his name really well, do addition, read and spell some words. Colby is a real Daddy's boy and always wants to do what Daddy is doing. He also played soccer, t-ball and is a yellow belt in Taekwondo. Taekwondo has been the best activity for Colby because it has allowed him to come out of Austin's shadow. Colby loves to swim and play outside. His favorite quotes are "it wasn't me", "that's too hard,I need to rest","It's your turn to clean up, I already had a turn". Colby is very shy and we are working on making him our lil social butterfly as well as Austin. Happy Birthday and thanks for a great 5 years! I cannot wait to see your accomplishments this year. We Love you!

No comments: