Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christmas 2009 and Daddy is home

After 5 days of traveling and more than 108 hours Pat finally landed in Salt Lake City on Dec 23rd at 11:00 am. I couldn't wait to get to the airport. I took the boys to school that morning and had plenty of time to get the house straightened up and head to the airport. As I am driving to the airport I get a call and it's Pat. He landed early and was waiting outside for me. Yes, I do believe I started speeding at that point. It was GREAT to see him and wrap my arms around him. He was totally exhausted but glad to be home. We took advantage of a lunch for just the two of us. As many of you know I had been on the hunt for a box big enough to hold Pat. I got the box all wrapped and the letter done from Santa. I went to pick Sean and the boys up while Pat stayed home and prepared to get in the box.

The boys came in and I read the letter to them. They were very excited. The bad part is they wanted to unwrap the whole box piece by lil piece. I had actually made a door for them to pull once they got the paper, but I didn't think they would ever pull it open. Once they did they froze. Pat was recording from inside the box so we don't have pictures of their faces. They just stood and looked for a minute until Pat spoke to them and then they attacked him. They were so happy to see him. It was priceless for our family.
Here is the box that Pat was in for the boys to unwrap. Because Pat wanted to take the boys to see Santa we headed out to the mall on Christmas Eve day. The boys had to wear their Santa hats which we thought was totally cute.
Visiting Santa. They both told Santa they wanted a computer and teddy bear. They also thanked Santa for bringing Daddy early in his sleigh. Santa looked a lil confused and then Austin said from Iraq and Santa picked up on it and just played along. It was great and Austin and Colby were just in awe of Santa this year. I am so glad Pat made it home to share in all the memories.
Colby playing Santa and his elephant was Santa's bag of gifts.
Daddy helped put this year's ornaments on the tree as well as the star.
Colby's helicopter ornament
Austin's helicopter ornament.
My Daddy visiting and enjoying his grandsons

It was great to have my Daddy here for Christmas this year as well as Pat. They both flew in the same day so what a blessing. Stay tuned for more Christmas updates....we were very busy for two weeks.

No comments: