Sunday, September 30, 2007

Double Trouble

I just have a few minutes to start an update. I expect the boys to be awake any minute from nap time. Pat is currently in Wyoming with my family deer hunting. Opening day is tomorrow and they are always there for it. My Dad has been going for probably almost 30 years. Let's put it this way I can't remember him not going.

The boys are doing great but becoming more and more curious about everything. As you can see from some of the photos they are not scared of anything. Austin in particular is becoming quite the climber and faller. He is trying to pull up on anything he can get ahold of . I think it's about time to take out the crib bumper or he'll figure out how to use it as a step stool. Colby is usually only one step behind Austin. This morning they were both trying to fit into the laundry basket. Because it was a tight fit I got another one out for them to each have their own. Needless to say they both still wanted in one together.



Colby finally has 4 teeth. Ok well the two on bottom are for sure in and the top two have actually broken through but aren't all the way in. I will say they are in far enough for it to hurt when he bit me yesterday. I have to figure out how to break them of biting because they will stick their fingers in the other's mouth and of course that leads to biting. Austin is hard biter too so I really need to work breaking him of that.




Some good news for our family is that I passed the Real Estate exam. Once I have transitioned out of the Army in 2008 then I'll be all set and ready to start to work. I am very excited about working with Pat and I truly believe with our work habits, personalities and organizational skills we'll do really well as a team. We always had lunch together when we lived in Alabama and we've missed that since we've moved here so that is one small thing I look forward too again. I also look forward to not making that hour drive to work and back everyday.

Sean is still playing football and his team is undefeated. Sean is struggling with being aggressive. Because he is smaller than most of the boys playing he tends to hesitate to tackle and get scared if he is put on offense. Pat and I have tried to tell him if he would use his speed because he's the fastest kid on his team he wouldn't have to worry about getting hit because they have to catch him first. It would help if all the adults in his life would understand that football is an aggressive contact sport and players that aren't that way are usually the one that ends up getting hurt or not playing. Sean is doing great in school is quite the excellent speller. Pat and I are the class spelling Mom and Dad and we give the spelling test every Friday. So far this year Sean has missed one word.
Natalie is still all about CHEER, CHEER, CHEER. Which is ok and Pat and I are trying very hard to relate, but we grew up only knowing sports. Natalie got her 2nd set of braces this week and hopefully this will be her last set and they will leave her teeth a little straighter and the way she wants them. Natalie is doing great in school with all A's. She finally had her 4.0 picture taken at school and it will hang in the entrance for this whole year. We are so proud of her.

We took a quick trip to Texas last weekend for 4 days to celebrate Jerry and Gloria's (Pat's parents) 50th wedding anniversary and Gloria's 75th Birthday. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting family members that I only knew by name. The boys were good on the plane and I think everyone enjoyed seeing them. I'm not sure when we'll be back in TX but we'll be in AR for Thanksgiving.
Believe it or not,which is why I am posting a photo it snowed here all day yesterday. The boys thought it was funny as they would look outside every once in awhile and they would just giggle. I know this photo probably doesn't do it justice but this when it first started snowing. I still had snow on the yard this morning. It's gone now and I hope to take the boys out in a little while to swing. They are both sick with colds so we won't be out long but a little fresh air might do us all some good.

No comments: